The strategic focus of the ministry of PeaceWise is the local church and Christian schools. However, we also delight in serving para-church ministries, denominations, Christian workplaces and of course anyone who needs help resolving conflict using Christian principles.
PeaceWise trains, educates and equips by…
- teaching and educating people on how to personally deal with conflict;
- training and skilling people on how to help others through conflict situations;
- helping denominations, churches, Christian schools and other Christian organisations develop cultures of peace that foster healthy responses to conflict;
- training people in how to mediate using Christian principles and a biblical framework
- We do this on the basis of the extensive resources in the Bible that guide us in how to approach conflict, and through looking to the example of Christ as the greatest teacher about peace and the greatest example of someone willing to give all in order to bring peace.
PeaceWise also assists in actual conflict situations by…
- providing conflict coaching to people who seek assistance in responding biblically to conflicted situations or relationships that they are in
- providing a mediation referral service to mediators who have done PeaceWise mediation training and will apply a biblically based mediation process in helping parties address a conflict situation
- providing an adjudication referral service to persons who will adjudicate on disputed matters where the parties seek to have Christians determine a disputed substantive matter rather than pursue other avenues such as civil litigation (see 1 Corinthians 6:1-8)
Our activities in review and 2016 financials
Here is our Annual Report for the year ended 31 December 2016. This includes a general description of our activities, plus a full financial rundown of the income and expenditure of the work we’ve done in the last year.