Date(s) - 9th Sep 2019 - 10th Sep 2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Village Church Annandale
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict.
Please note: this course requires having done the Heart of Peacemaking course and either the Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training, aimed at gaining a deeper understanding and having more opportunity to practise conflict coaching at a deeper level, you will:
- go deeper into the various skills and principles learned in Everyday Conflict Coaching
- be more deeply equipped to help someone have difficult conversations
- this includes preparing them to actually talk to the person with whom they are in conflict in an honest, respectful, humble but courageous way
- have opportunity to use yourself as a case-study to apply the principles to a real-life situation
- have a major conflict coaching opportunity to use the simple 4-part process to help someone respond to a real conflict they are facing
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require vegetation, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least one week prior to training.
Bruce Burgess is the National Director of PeaceWise and is Australia’s first Certified Christian ConciliatorTM. He holds degrees in Arts, Law, Christian Studies and Theology and is an international conference speaker. Bruce’s peacemaking work has led him to become involved in teaching and working with schools, workplace disputes, church and para-church based conflict, and victim-offender cases. Bruce has a passion for seeing both adults and kids’ lives transformed by the power of the gospel of peace, for building cultures of peace and for seeing God break through to repair, restore and sustain healthy relationships. Bruce is married to Helen and they have two high school aged kids. Bruce constantly thanks God for being the amazing God of peace that he is, who has provided so much help, wisdom and grace for living life - which is especially needed in the cauldron of teenage parenting!
Peter has served in Baptist churches in the area of Pastoral ministry for over 29 years. Pete trained as a church consultant and has served in numerous churches in that capacity for 15 years. Pete served the NSW & ACT Baptist Association, for 10 years as the Associate director for Church Development. In that role, and as a church consultant, Pete became involved in many situations of church conflict. He saw first hand the devastating effect that conflict has on the health of congregations. This created a great desire in Pete to find conflict transformation processes that had the ability to help bring positive change to congregations experiencing conflict situations. Pete became involved with PeaceWise and has done PeaceWise training up to mediation level. Pete's key interest lies in being proactive in training people in healthy responses to conflict situations and serves as a mediator for cases referred by PeaceWise.
Wendy Konemann is a PeaceWise Ambassador and is also a practising Christian counsellor specialising in marriage counselling, conflict coaching and mediations. Wendy undertook the PeaceWise training in 2011 and is now a Certified Christian Conciliator TM with Peacemaker Ministries. Wendy has been involved in mediating church, organisational and marriage conflicts both in Australia and in the United States and has provided biblical peacemaking training to churches and Christian schools around Australia. She has been a speaker and trainer at events in Australia, the United States, Jordan, and The Netherlands.