Date(s) - 9th Sep 2019 - 10th Sep 2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Village Church Annandale
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict.
Please note: this course requires having done the Heart of Peacemaking course and either the Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training, aimed at gaining a deeper understanding and having more opportunity to practise conflict coaching at a deeper level, you will:
- go deeper into the various skills and principles learned in Everyday Conflict Coaching
- be more deeply equipped to help someone have difficult conversations
- this includes preparing them to actually talk to the person with whom they are in conflict in an honest, respectful, humble but courageous way
- have opportunity to use yourself as a case-study to apply the principles to a real-life situation
- have a major conflict coaching opportunity to use the simple 4-part process to help someone respond to a real conflict they are facing
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetation, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least one week prior to training.
Bruce Burgess is the National Director of PeaceWise and is Australia’s first Certified Christian ConciliatorTM. He holds degrees in Arts, Law, Christian Studies and Theology and is an international conference speaker. Bruce’s peacemaking work has led him to become involved in teaching and working with schools, workplace disputes, church and para-church based conflict, and victim-offender cases. Bruce has a passion for seeing both adults and kids’ lives transformed by the power of the gospel of peace, for building cultures of peace and for seeing God break through to repair, restore and sustain healthy relationships. Bruce is married to Helen and they have two high school aged kids. Bruce constantly thanks God for being the amazing God of peace that he is, who has provided so much help, wisdom and grace for living life - which is especially needed in the cauldron of teenage parenting!
Deborah originally trained as a Registered Nurse and Midwife, remaining in the Health Sector for some years in both clinical and public education areas. She has a Bachelor of Theology and has worked in church ministry in teaching and leadership roles. Besides her training role in PeaceWise, she is involved in IT support and the PeaceWiseKids project.
Li Ai Gamble
Li Ai gained her legal and commercial qualifications from the University of Western Australia in 1990 and has worked in private legal practice and for the Commonwealth Government. Currently she keeps busy as the Training and Conciliations Manager for PeaceWise, a member on a number of Christian Ministry boards and a mother to three young adult daughters! Li Ai loves spending time in God's Word and learning about God so that she can practise her faith in a way that brings glory of God. She attends Providence City Church.
Bookings have closed for this event