Date(s) - 9th Sep 2019 - 10th Sep 2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Village Church Annandale
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict.
Please note: this course requires having done the Heart of Peacemaking course and either the Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training, aimed at gaining a deeper understanding and having more opportunity to practise conflict coaching at a deeper level, you will:
- go deeper into the various skills and principles learned in Everyday Conflict Coaching
- be more deeply equipped to help someone have difficult conversations
- this includes preparing them to actually talk to the person with whom they are in conflict in an honest, respectful, humble but courageous way
- have opportunity to use yourself as a case-study to apply the principles to a real-life situation
- have a major conflict coaching opportunity to use the simple 4-part process to help someone respond to a real conflict they are facing
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetation, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least one week prior to training.
Bruce Burgess is the National Director of PeaceWise and is Australia’s first Certified Christian ConciliatorTM. He holds degrees in Arts, Law, Christian Studies and Theology and is an international conference speaker. Bruce’s peacemaking work has led him to become involved in teaching and working with schools, workplace disputes, church and para-church based conflict, and victim-offender cases. Bruce has a passion for seeing both adults and kids’ lives transformed by the power of the gospel of peace, for building cultures of peace and for seeing God break through to repair, restore and sustain healthy relationships. Bruce is married to Helen and they have two high school aged kids. Bruce constantly thanks God for being the amazing God of peace that he is, who has provided so much help, wisdom and grace for living life - which is especially needed in the cauldron of teenage parenting!
Deborah, having originally trained as a nurse, subsequently worked in the health sector in a small training and education group. She has a Bachelor of Theology and has worked in a church ministry team in teaching and leadership roles. Besides her training role in PeaceWise, she is also involved in IT support and the PeaceWiseKids project.
Li Ai Gamble
Li Ai holds law and commerce degrees and practiced as a lawyer in both the private and government sectors for over a decade. She is one of the foundation PeaceWise Board members and currently is also the PeaceWise National Ministry Co-ordinator. Li Ai has provided PeaceWise training and mediated church based conflicts. Outside of PeaceWise Li Ai holds the role of “Minister of Domestic Affairs” for the Gamble household! Her greatest passions are spending time with and learning more about Jesus, and sharing her love of him with others through practical helps and conversations over a cup of tea (or coffee!). Li Ai attends Woodvale Baptist Church.
“I have seen how we hurt each other in conflicts and it saddens me to see families and friendships fall apart. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ provides both the motivation and the power for us to live peaceably with each other. PeaceWise equips, encourages and supports ordinary people “do relationships better”. I love being involved in the ministry of PeaceWise because there really is no higher privilege (or challenge!) than to personally live and spend time serving others become gospel-centred peacemakers.”
Bookings have closed for this event