Date(s) - 17th Jul 2019
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
NewHope Baptist Church
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training, aimed at the kinds of everyday conflicts and conversations we have with friends, family members, colleagues and neighbours, you will:
- learn how Personal Peacemaking principles learnt in earlier courses can be used in conflict coaching
- discover a simple 4-part process to help someone respond to a conflict they are facing
- consider the character elements of a good conflict coach
- explore listening skills and the role of good questions
- learn how to gently probe deeper to explore the role of the human heart
- see ways to use Scripture to speak to the heart
- equip someone to have difficult conversations
- have the opportunity to put it into practice!
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 charge applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least one week prior to training.
Wayne has a diverse work back ground across Mental Health Nursing and Christian Ministry in which he has worked in a variety of leadership and training roles. He has formal studies in Nursing, Theology, Coaching & Training and is currently undertaking master’s studies in missional leadership. He currently works with Pioneers Australia. Across theses various roles Wayne has seen the devastation that interpersonal conflict can cause and has a heart to equip the people of God to live out the message of reconciliation that has been entrusted to us.
Paul has been in pastoral ministry for 22+ years; he was pastor for families at a Baptist Church on the Central Coast NSW, then Pastor for a Baptist Church in country NSW. Paul is now Senior Pastor of Sydenham Baptist Church in Melbourne’s North West. Over the past 30 years, Paul has studied economics, theology/ministry and psychology. Paul became involved with PeaceWise attending Personal Peacemaking and Culture of Peace in 2008. He’s since participated in all of PeaceWise’s training including Advanced Mediation and Reconciling Marital Conflict. Paul completed PeaceWise’s Train the Trainer in 2011 and has since been a trainer with PeaceWise. Paul is married to Liz, they have four adult children and one grandson.
Bookings have closed for this event