Date(s) - 21st Aug 2019
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
South Perth Baptist Church
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training, aimed at the kinds of everyday conflicts and conversations we have with friends, family members, colleagues and neighbours, you will:
- learn how Personal Peacemaking principles learnt in earlier courses can be used in conflict coaching
- discover a simple 4-part process to help someone respond to a conflict they are facing
- consider the character elements of a good conflict coach
- explore listening skills and the role of good questions
- learn how to gently probe deeper to explore the role of the human heart
- see ways to use Scripture to speak to the heart
- equip someone to have difficult conversations
- have the opportunity to put it into practice!
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 charge applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least one week prior to training.
Online registrations are now closed for this event. However, if you would still like to attend this training please email [email protected] to let us know you are coming and we can arrange payment on the day.
Steve has been facilitating conflict resolution for twenty years, working as a registered safety practitioner in chemical manufacture, downstream petroleum, and ports initially, then subsequently as a pastor, counsellor and school chaplain. Having experienced marital brokenness, his passion is marriage counselling. A Christian writer and blogger for over ten years, Steve has degrees in science, divinity, and counselling. Steve has been married to Sarah for 11 years, and they have a passion for peacemaking. They have one son, and Steve has three adult daughters. Steve is also passionate about intrapersonal conflict, particularly within grief. He is on the Board of the Pallister-Killian Syndrome Foundation of Australia (PKSFA).
Deborah, having originally trained as a nurse, subsequently worked in the health sector in a small training and education group. She has a Bachelor of Theology and has worked in a church ministry team in teaching and leadership roles. Besides her training role in PeaceWise, she is also involved in IT support and the PeaceWiseKids project.
Li Ai Gamble
Li Ai holds law and commerce degrees and practiced as a lawyer in both the private and government sectors for over a decade. She is one of the foundation PeaceWise Board members and currently is also the PeaceWise National Ministry Co-ordinator. Li Ai has provided PeaceWise training and mediated church based conflicts. Outside of PeaceWise Li Ai holds the role of “Minister of Domestic Affairs” for the Gamble household! Her greatest passions are spending time with and learning more about Jesus, and sharing her love of him with others through practical helps and conversations over a cup of tea (or coffee!). Li Ai attends Woodvale Baptist Church.
“I have seen how we hurt each other in conflicts and it saddens me to see families and friendships fall apart. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ provides both the motivation and the power for us to live peaceably with each other. PeaceWise equips, encourages and supports ordinary people “do relationships better”. I love being involved in the ministry of PeaceWise because there really is no higher privilege (or challenge!) than to personally live and spend time serving others become gospel-centred peacemakers.”
We are currently experiencing some technical issues with the booking page for this event. As such, please email [email protected] or call the office on 02 9890 6516 (Mon-Thurs) to register for this event.