Date(s) - 29th May 2019
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Village Church Annandale
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training, aimed at the kinds of everyday conflicts and conversations we have with friends, family members, colleagues and neighbours, you will:
- learn how Personal Peacemaking principles learnt in earlier courses can be used in conflict coaching
- discover a simple 4-part process to help someone respond to a conflict they are facing
- consider the character elements of a good conflict coach
- explore listening skills and the role of good questions
- learn how to gently probe deeper to explore the role of the human heart
- see ways to use Scripture to speak to the heart
- equip someone to have difficult conversations
- have the opportunity to put it into practice!
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 charge applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least one week prior to training.
Bruce Burgess is the National Director of PeaceWise and is Australia’s first Certified Christian ConciliatorTM. He holds degrees in Arts, Law, Christian Studies and Theology and is an international conference speaker. Bruce’s peacemaking work has led him to become involved in teaching and working with schools, workplace disputes, church and para-church based conflict, and victim-offender cases. Bruce has a passion for seeing both adults and kids’ lives transformed by the power of the gospel of peace, for building cultures of peace and for seeing God break through to repair, restore and sustain healthy relationships. Bruce is married to Helen and they have two high school aged kids. Bruce constantly thanks God for being the amazing God of peace that he is, who has provided so much help, wisdom and grace for living life - which is especially needed in the cauldron of teenage parenting!
Wendy Konemann is a PeaceWise Ambassador and is also a practising Christian counsellor specialising in marriage counselling, conflict coaching and mediations. Wendy undertook the PeaceWise training in 2011 and is now a Certified Christian Conciliator TM with Peacemaker Ministries. Wendy has been involved in mediating church, organisational and marriage conflicts both in Australia and in the United States and has provided biblical peacemaking training to churches and Christian schools around Australia. She has been a speaker and trainer at events in Australia, the United States, Jordan, and The Netherlands.
Bookings have closed for this event