Date(s) - 16th Jun 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
St George's Anglican Church - Pearce ACT
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation – Completion of the Everyday Peacemaking training (our first day of training) contributes 6 hours of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Teachers in other States can self-assess for PD credit on this basis. Relevant Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 4.3.2, 6.2.2, 7.3.2. Accreditation for professional development for teachers in NSW is provided by the National Institute for Christian Education. To obtain PD credit for this course you must provide your accreditation number in the registration form below.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – No charge.
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian or gluten-free meal, please write in the comment box below or send an email to [email protected]
Wendy Konemann is a PeaceWise Ambassador and is also a practising Christian counsellor specialising in marriage counselling, conflict coaching and mediations. Wendy undertook the PeaceWise training in 2011 and is now a Certified Christian Conciliator TM with Peacemaker Ministries. Wendy has been involved in mediating church, organisational and marriage conflicts both in Australia and in the United States and has provided biblical peacemaking training to churches and Christian schools around Australia. She has been a speaker and trainer at events in Australia, the United States, Jordan, and The Netherlands.
Peter has served in Baptist churches in the area of Pastoral ministry for over 29 years. Pete trained as a church consultant and has served in numerous churches in that capacity for 15 years. Pete served the NSW & ACT Baptist Association, for 10 years as the Associate director for Church Development. In that role, and as a church consultant, Pete became involved in many situations of church conflict. He saw first hand the devastating effect that conflict has on the health of congregations. This created a great desire in Pete to find conflict transformation processes that had the ability to help bring positive change to congregations experiencing conflict situations. Pete became involved with PeaceWise and has done PeaceWise training up to mediation level. Pete's key interest lies in being proactive in training people in healthy responses to conflict situations and serves as a mediator for cases referred by PeaceWise.
Bookings are closed for this event.