Date(s) - 8th Oct 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Emmaus Christian School
Book with safety! 100% refund if any training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one ‘unit’ for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
Registrations close – 2 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).
Since 1990, Steve has served in pastoral ministry in Sydney, Cairns and Vanuatu. He has enjoyed training pastors and Christian workers in Outback Australia and in the South Pacific. Since 2015, Steve has served as Asia Pacific Area Director for Biblical Ministries Worldwide. Over and over again he has seen the great need for a biblical approach to conflict resolution, in his own life and in the lives of others. Steve carries his passion for bringing people into greater engagement with the gospel to his role as a PeaceWise trainer.
Jane holds a degree in education, a reflection of her lifelong passion for learning and helping others to learn. She has served in the church in many capacities and enthusiastically embraces opportunities to engage people with the transforming truth of Christ. Currently Jane works alongside her husband Steve, serving missionaries with Biblical Ministries Worldwide. Having served in full-time ministry for more than thirty years, and as a mother of six children, she fervently believes in the power of gospel-generated peacemaking to transform the hearts of individuals and graciously spill out to others.