Date(s) - 16th Jun 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – No charge.
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian or gluten-free meal, please write in the comment box below or send an email to email@example.com
Geoff has been involved with Peacewise since its early years. After undertaking Personal Peace Making training he was convicted of the importance and value of conflict resolution based on strong Biblical foundations in all aspects of life. He avidly engaged with all other available Peacewise training and was later invited to join the Peacewise Board as NT Director. In 2012 Geoff and his wife undertook an intensive Mediation and Conciliation internship in the USA. Geoff is trained as a lawyer and educator and has been actively involved in Christian Schooling for over 15 years. He also spent 8 years working with Fusion Australia (a Christian Youth and Community ministry) and is now Chair of its Board of Trustees. Above all things Geoff loves to help others grow in their understanding of God, his world and their place in it. Throughout his life journey God has continued to challenge Geoff to better understand God’s big story of redemption and restoration and to allow that to inform every aspect of life and work. He acknowledges that in this, as in everything, he is a life-long learner.
Phoebe van Bentum
Phoebe van Bentum first undertook PeaceWise training in 2010. Since this time she has been actively engaged in the transformative work of biblical peacemaking across home, workplace, church and community. Phoebe is passionate about developing communities of peace, and has been part of implementing a peacemaking team with her church, as well as the Darwin PeaceWise hub. Phoebe has been involved in mediating marriage as well as organisational conflicts in accordance with the peacemaking principles. She has been providing biblical peacemaking training since 2013. Phoebe holds degrees in Law and Social Science, and is about to complete a Masters of International and Community Development. She works with NT Christian Schools and lives in Darwin with her husband and three children.