Date(s) - 17th Jul 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Darwin Baptist Church
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin feee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
Registrations close – 2 business day prior to the training (minimal pre-work).
Josh is a Barrister and Mediator who lives, works and worships in Darwin with his wife Sarah and 5 young children. Josh has experience in church leadership and ministry governance teams, having variously held the position of secretary and public officer for Darwin Baptist Church over a period of 10 years, and more recently with the Baptist Union of the Northern Territory. Josh has had involvement with PeaceWise since 2012, and has a heart to see the Gospel of Christ brought to light in all areas of conflict - especially within the church. God said that the world will know that we are his Disciples by our love shown for one another. It's this that fuels Josh's great desire to let the world see Christ through loving and well handled conflict, that demonstrates the power of forgiveness freely given by a loving God and shared by His people.
Second Trainer - To be advised