Date(s) - 12th Aug 2017
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Darwin Baptist Church
Everyday Peacemaking – Description
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Geoff has been involved with Peacewise since its early years. After undertaking Personal Peace Making training he was convicted of the importance and value of conflict resolution based on strong Biblical foundations in all aspects of life. He avidly engaged with all other available Peacewise training and was later invited to join the Peacewise Board as NT Director. In 2012 Geoff and his wife undertook an intensive Mediation and Conciliation internship in the USA. Geoff is trained as a lawyer and educator and has been actively involved in Christian Schooling for over 15 years. He also spent 8 years working with Fusion Australia (a Christian Youth and Community ministry) and is now Chair of its Board of Trustees. Above all things Geoff loves to help others grow in their understanding of God, his world and their place in it. Throughout his life journey God has continued to challenge Geoff to better understand God’s big story of redemption and restoration and to allow that to inform every aspect of life and work. He acknowledges that in this, as in everything, he is a life-long learner.
Bookings are closed for this event.