Date(s) - 1st Aug 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
to be advised
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation – Completion of the Everyday Peacemaking training (our first day of training) contributes 6 hours of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Teachers in other States can self-assess for PD credit on this basis. Relevant Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 4.3.2, 6.2.2, 7.3.2. Accreditation for professional development for teachers in NSW is provided by the National Institute for Christian Education. To obtain PD credit for this course you must provide your accreditation number in the registration form below.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected]
Ashley Saunders has seen the destructive side of conflict - as Solicitor and Pastor; and has also seen conflict redeemed to God's glory. Now Australian CEO of Christian aid and advocacy ministry, Barnabas Fund, he has acted as a mediator and trainer for PeaceWise since 2010 and deeply believes in the power of biblical peacemaking. Ashley was admitted as a Solicitor in NSW in 1983 and prior to becoming a pastor, he also served as a lecturer in aspects of Contract and Industrial Law, and as an alderman.
Bronwynne Greenway has been involved with PeaceWise since 2010 and has a passion for helping people reconcile with each other and God. Both in her personal, ministry and business environments she has experienced the pain of conflict handled poorly. Over the years she has trained for PeaceWise across Australia as well as conflict coached and mediated many people in personal conflicts, marriages and families. Working with conflict led her to go back to uni for further training, and she continues to work in ministry teaching the Bible and working with individuals. Bronwynne has been married to Stuart for 31 years and they have 3 adult children with extended family to apply the skills learned.