Date(s) - 21st Jul 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Newlife Uniting Church
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation – Completion of the Everyday Peacemaking training (our first day of training) contributes 6 hours of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Teachers in other States can self-assess for PD credit on this basis. Relevant Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 4.3.2, 6.2.2, 7.3.2. Accreditation for professional development for teachers in NSW is provided by the National Institute for Christian Education. To obtain PD credit for this course you must provide your accreditation number in the registration form below.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – No charge.
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian or gluten-free meal, please write in the comment box below or send an email to email@example.com
Bronwynne Greenway has been a Queensland Ministry Coordinator for PeaceWise and has a passion for helping people reconcile with each other and God. Since 2010 she has trained for PeaceWise across Australia as well as conflict coached and mediated many people in personal conflicts, marriages and families. Bronwynne completed a degree in Human Behaviour and Counselling from CHC (Christian Heritage College), Qld in 2014, during which she researched and authored a paper entitled, “Why Christians struggle to Forgive.” She is married to Stuart and often partners with him in PeaceWise training and conciliation work.
Peter has served in Baptist churches in the area of Pastoral ministry for over 29 years. Pete trained as a church consultant and has served in numerous churches in that capacity for 15 years. Pete served the NSW & ACT Baptist Association, for 10 years as the Associate director for Church Development. In that role, and as a church consultant, Pete became involved in many situations of church conflict. He saw first hand the devastating effect that conflict has on the health of congregations. This created a great desire in Pete to find conflict transformation processes that had the ability to help bring positive change to congregations experiencing conflict situations. Pete became involved with PeaceWise and has done PeaceWise training up to mediation level. Pete's key interest lies in being proactive in training people in healthy responses to conflict. He believes that this will help facilitate churches in truly experiencing "Cultures of Peace".