Date(s) - 3rd Mar 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Gordon Baptist Church
We hope you enjoy everyday peacemaking training at Gordon Baptist Church!
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation – Completion of the Everyday Peacemaking training (our first day of training) contributes 6 hours of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Teachers in other States can self-assess for PD credit on this basis. Relevant Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 4.3.2, 6.2.2, 7.3.2. Accreditation for professional development for teachers in NSW is provided by the National Institute for Christian Education. To obtain PD credit for this course you must provide your accreditation number in the registration form below.
For any special dietary needs contact Irene Etchell: [email protected]
We look forward to serving you on this course!
Wendy Konemann is a PeaceWise Ambassador and is also a practising Christian counsellor specialising in marriage counselling, conflict coaching and mediations. Wendy undertook the PeaceWise training in 2011 and is now a Certified Christian Conciliator TM with Peacemaker Ministries. Wendy has been involved in mediating organisational and marriage conflicts both in Australia and in the United States and has provided biblical peacemaking training to churches and Christian schools around Australia. She has been a speaker at events in Australia and the United States.
Bookings are closed for this event.