Date(s) - 15th Jul 2019
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
NewHope Baptist Church
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies.
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected]
Paul has been in pastoral ministry for 18+ years; he was pastor for families at a Baptist church on the Central Coast NSW, then Pastor for a Baptist Church in country NSW. Paul is now Senior Pastor of Sydenham Baptist Church in Melbourne’s North West. Over the past 20 years, Paul has studied economics, theology/ministry and psychology. Paul became involved with Peacewise attending Personal Peacemaking and Culture of Peace in 2008. He’s since participated in all of Peacewise’s training including Advanced Mediation and Reconciling Marital Conflict. Paul completed Peacewise’s Train the Trainer in 2011 and has since been a trainer with Peacewise. Paul is married to Liz, they have four children -- James married to Bree, Jonathan, Micaela and Joel.
Wayne has a diverse work back ground across Mental Health Nursing and Christian Ministry in which he has worked in a variety of leadership and training roles. He has formal studies in Nursing, Theology, Coaching & Training and is currently undertaking master’s studies in missional leadership. He currently works with Pioneers Australia. Across theses various roles Wayne has seen the devastation that interpersonal conflict can cause and has a heart to equip the people of God to live out the message of reconciliation that has been entrusted to us.