Date(s) - 27th Mar 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
NewHope Baptist Church
Book with safety! 100% refund if any training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one ‘unit’ for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
Registrations close – 2 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work)
Wayne serves with PeaceWise as the National Relationships Manager and sits as a board director for PeaceWise. He has diverse work background across Mental Health Nursing and Christian Ministry in which he has worked in a variety of leadership and training roles. He has formal studies in Nursing, Theology and Leadership Coaching. Alongside his work with PeaceWise Wayne also serves with Pioneers of Australia. Wayne has seen first hand the devastation that interpersonal conflict can cause in relationships, ministries and organisations. He has a heart to equip the people of God to live out the message of reconciliation that has been entrusted to us as testimony of the power of the gospel.
Clarissa Wilson is a PeaceWise Trainer and mediator. She is trained as a marriage and loss and grief counsellor and has a degree in Theology. Clarissa has worked as a pastoral worker in a church for 10 years and has conducted training in biblical peacemaking for Anglican clergy and churches in Victoria. Currently she is volunteering in the area of Pastoral care and with God’s help seeks to live out these peacemaking principles in her own life and to enable others to honour God through their conflicts.
Bookings have closed for this event