Date(s) - 16th Sep 2017
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
St Michael's Anglican Church
Everyday Peacemaking – Description
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Paul has been in pastoral ministry for 18+ years; he was pastor for families at a Baptist church on the Central Coast NSW, then Pastor for a Baptist Church in country NSW. Paul is now Senior Pastor of Sydenham Baptist Church in Melbourne’s North West. Over the past 20 years, Paul has studied economics, theology/ministry and psychology. Paul became involved with Peacewise attending Personal Peacemaking and Culture of Peace in 2008. He’s since participated in all of Peacewise’s training including Advanced Mediation and Reconciling Marital Conflict. Paul completed Peacewise’s Train the Trainer in 2011 and has since been a trainer with Peacewise. Paul is married to Liz, they have four children -- James married to Bree, Jonathan, Micaela and Joel.
Clarissa Wilson is a PeaceWise Trainer and mediator, and is the new Victorian Ministry Coordinator. She is trained as a marriage and loss and grief counsellor and has a degree in Theology. Clarissa has worked as a pastoral worker in a church for the past 10 years and has conducted training in biblical peacemaking for Anglican clergy and churches in Victoria. With God’s help Clarissa seeks to live out these principles in her own life and to serve others through enabling them to honour God through their conflicts.
Bookings are closed for this event.