Date(s) - 22nd May 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Warners Bay Baptist Church
Book with safety! 100% refund if training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation –
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
Registrations close – 2 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).
Kevin has over 25 yrs Pastoral ministry with a focus on personal application of Biblical principles into everyday life. He has recently retired as Regional Minister for Hunter Baptist Churches and currently is a BaptistCare Chaplain. Kevin is also a founding Board member of HunterHarvest, Kingdomworks, and CityServe Charities, and is the PeaceWise Regional Ministry Coordinator in the Hunter. He has worked for many years in challenging and conflicted situations to see God glorified through transformed relationships. Kevin trained for ministry at Morling College & has degrees in Engineering, Arts and Theology. Kevin is a trained PeaceWise conflict coach and mediator, and is convinced that Biblical peacemaking skills are more essential than ever in today’s world.
Michael completed his pastoral ministry qualifications at Morling Theological College in 1998, and then served as pastor in churches for 10 years. The next decade plus has been spent as a Christian school chaplain, teaching the children and staff PeaceMaking principles. These conflict resolution skills transformed Michael’s personal life during 2009/10, and he is enthusiastic about continuing to see this message of hope and skills for relationship restoration taught to others!