Date(s) - 14th Oct 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
South Perth Baptist Church
Book with safety! 100% refund if any training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation – Completion of the Everyday Peacemaking training (our first day of training) contributes 6 hours of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Teachers in other States can self-assess for PD credit on this basis. Relevant Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 4.3.2, 6.2.2, 7.3.2.
This training is provided in conjunction with
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin feee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
Steve has been facilitating conflict resolution for over 20 years, within safety and industrial relations settings initially, and subsequently as a pastor, counsellor and school chaplain. Having experienced marital brokenness, Steve has a passion for marriage counselling as well as intrapersonal conflict involving grief. Steve is Content and Curriculum Manager of PeaceWiseKids and has degrees in science, divinity (2), and counselling. Steve is married to Sarah and they have a shared calling to ministry, and are both committed peacemakers.
Stuart is a lifelong follow of Christ and has a wealth of experience in a variety of settings from managing a small business, planting and pastoring churches to coaching people in life and business! In all these roles he has seen his calling as nurturing the vision and gifts of others to see them flourish into all that God has for them. Stuart believes that everything he does overlaps to form a life of serving God.He is married to Carolyn and together they have 4 children and a granddaughter.