Date(s) - 30th Jul 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Mission Church
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
Registrations close – 2 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).
Jeroen has a professional background in the oil and gas industry. Jeroen has been a follower of Jesus since he was 18. His passions and giftings are in the area of prayer, spiritual direction and biblical peacemaking, which caused him to be involved in a variety of ministries, including his current involvement with PeaceWise. His deepest desire is to see the Christian faith transform people’s lives and share the good news of Jesus. Jeroen has been married to Eva for over 40 years. They enjoy three adult children, their spouses and six grandchildren.
Rachel is married to Roger and together they have three adult sons and one daughter. She originates from England where she trained and worked as a nurse in London, moving to Australia in 1991. After nineteen years as a stay at home Mum, Rachel re-trained in nursing and now works as a clinical educator on two busy wards in Midland, Perth. Rachel is a member of Providence Church Midland and has particularly experienced God's grace since adopting the biblical principles of Peacewise in her marriage, parenting, and at work.
Roger gained his professional qualifications in software engineering at UWA and has worked for 30 years in the resource and telecom sector both in Australia and overseas. He has been a follower of Jesus since his days at university and is thankful every day for the life changing Love and Grace of Jesus. Roger is married to Rachel and they have 4 grown up children and is an active member of Providence Church Midland. Roger has experienced the impact of biblical peacemaking in his life has a desire to serve Jesus by sharing this with others.