Date(s) - 10th May 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Centre for Ministry
Book with safety! 100% refund if training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation –
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
Registrations close –2 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).
Bruce Burgess is married to Helen and they have two adult children. He is National Director and one of the founders of PeaceWise and was Australia’s first Certified Christian ConciliatorTM. He holds degrees in Arts, Law, Christian Studies and Theology and is an international conference speaker. Bruce’s peacemaking work has led him to become involved in teaching and working with schools, workplace disputes, church and para-church based conflict, and victim-offender cases. Bruce has a passion for seeing both adults and childrens’ lives transformed by the power of the gospel of peace, for building cultures and communities of peace. He loves seeing God break through to repair, restore and sustain healthy relationships. Bruce constantly thanks God for being the amazing God of peace that he is, who has provided so much help, wisdom and grace for living life.
Daniel is a Presbyterian Minister in Sydney with a passion for seeing the Gospel impact and shape people. He has experience applying peacemaking through coaching and mediation. He believes peacemaking is more than finding resolution, it is reconciling valuable and loveable people through the grace of God. Daniel is married and has three children, where he is tested to apply his peacemaking skills. He enjoys time with his family, being in the sunshine, surfing, and a good coffee.
Yvette was an atheist until she had an amazing encounter with God on 16 January 2014. She has since been very passionate about living for God and bringing people to be reconciled with God through Lord Jesus. She had lots of opportunities to be a peacemaker in her legal practice as a barrister. She felt a sense of calling as a sessional lecturer of law at UNSW, because she loves teaching, but it is her prayer being answered to have the opportunity to equip people with biblical peacemaking.