Date(s) - 28th Jul 2021
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Book with safety! 100% refund if training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one ‘unit’ for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
- 100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
Registrations close – For Everyday Peacemaking: 3 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).
From being an entrenched conflict-avoider, God reshaped John's heart and attitude to what is true peace back in 2007. Now in addition to extensive ministry experience, he has had the privilege of being trained in Biblical reconciliation here and overseas, and has been given the responsibility to regularly put this into practice, primarily within Presbyterian churches. John’s heart now resonates for peacemaking and bringing reconciliation to strained and shattered relationships.
Matt studied Intercultural Studies and spent 25 years in the Middle East raising his family with his wife Robyn. They worked in multicultural teams and various training settings. Returning to Australia 5 years ago they completed graduate studies in Counselling which they practiced since as well as opening a relational coaching business called Relational Wellness. They have 3 adult children and 2 grandchildren. Matt loves travel and training and sharing his journey with Jesus with others.
Robyn has always loved communicating. She received her first degree from Biola University in California in Communication and Intercultural Studies. After marrying Matt, they moved to the Middle East where she had the opportunity to teach English, raise their children and become a trainer and relational coach. On returning to Australia in 2015 she completed graduate studies in Counselling as well as getting trained as a conflict coach and mediator with PeaceWise. Robyn loves welcoming people into her home (especially when it includes cooking), walks in nature, travelling, and spending time with her family. She is passionate about seeing relationships flourish, and seeing people experience hope and grace.