Date(s) - 6th Jul 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Centre for Ministry
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent?
This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting a building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
Teacher PD accreditation – Completion of the Everyday Peacemaking training (our first day of training) contributes 6 hours of NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Teachers in other States can self-assess for PD credit on this basis. Relevant Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 4.3.2, 6.2.2, 7.3.2. Accreditation for professional development for teachers in NSW is provided by the National Institute for Christian Education. To obtain PD credit for this course you must provide your accreditation number in the registration form below.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
From being an entrenched conflict-avoider, God reshaped John's heart and attitude to what is true peace back in 2007. Now in addition to extensive ministry experience, he has had the privilege of being trained in Biblical reconciliation here and overseas, and has been given the responsibility to regularly put this into practice, primarily within Presbyterian churches. John’s heart now resonates for peacemaking and bringing reconciliation to strained and shattered relationships.
Yvette was an atheist until she had an amazing encounter with God on 16 January 2014. She has since been very passionate about living for God and bringing people to be reconciled with God through Lord Jesus. She had lots of opportunities to be a peacemaker in her legal practice as a barrister. She felt a sense of calling as a sessional lecturer of law at UNSW, because she loves teaching, but it is her prayer being answered to have the opportunity to equip people with biblical peacemaking.