Date(s) - 18th Jun 2018
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Darwin Baptist Church
The Heart of Peacemaking
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the new Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – No charge.
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you need a require or gluten-free meal, please write in the comment box below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Geoff has been involved with Peacewise since its early years. After undertaking Personal Peace Making training he was convicted of the importance and value of conflict resolution based on strong Biblical foundations in all aspects of life. He avidly engaged with all other available Peacewise training and was later invited to join the Peacewise Board as NT Director. In 2012 Geoff and his wife undertook an intensive Mediation and Conciliation internship in the USA. Geoff is trained as a lawyer and educator and has been actively involved in Christian Schooling for over 15 years. He also spent 8 years working with Fusion Australia (a Christian Youth and Community ministry) and is now Chair of its Board of Trustees. Above all things Geoff loves to help others grow in their understanding of God, his world and their place in it. Throughout his life journey God has continued to challenge Geoff to better understand God’s big story of redemption and restoration and to allow that to inform every aspect of life and work. He acknowledges that in this, as in everything, he is a life-long learner.
Phoebe van Bentum
Phoebe van Bentum first undertook PeaceWise training in 2010. Since this time she has been actively engaged in the transformative work of biblical peacemaking across home, workplace, church and community. Phoebe is passionate about developing communities of peace, and has been part of implementing a peacemaking team with her church, as well as the Darwin PeaceWise hub. Phoebe has been involved in mediating marriage as well as organisational conflicts in accordance with the peacemaking principles. She has been providing biblical peacemaking training since 2013. Phoebe holds degrees in Law and Social Science, and is about to complete a Masters of International and Community Development. She works with NT Christian Schools and lives in Darwin with her husband and three children.