Date(s) - 6th Aug 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Lakeside Community Centre
The Heart of Peacemaking
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to training
Ashley Saunders has seen the destructive side of conflict - as Solicitor and Pastor; and has also seen conflict redeemed to God's glory. Now Australian CEO of Christian aid and advocacy ministry, Barnabas Fund, he has acted as a mediator and trainer for PeaceWise since 2010 and deeply believes in the power of biblical peacemaking. Ashley was admitted as a Solicitor in NSW in 1983 and prior to becoming a pastor, he also served as a lecturer in aspects of Contract and Industrial Law, and as an alderman.
Bronwynne Greenway has been involved with PeaceWise since 2010 and has a passion for helping people reconcile with each other and God. Both in her personal, ministry and business environments she has experienced the pain of conflict handled poorly. Over the years she has trained for PeaceWise across Australia as well as conflict coached and mediated many people in personal conflicts, marriages and families. Working with conflict led her to go back to uni for further training, and she continues to work in ministry teaching the Bible and working with individuals. Bronwynne has been married to Stuart for 31 years and they have 3 adult children with extended family to apply the skills learned.