Date(s) - 11th Aug 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
NewHope Baptist Church
Please be aware that with the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 this training event may need to be postponed. An update will be provided four weeks prior to the training and a final decision will be made two weeks prior to the event date. At that time we will notify all registrants of the decision. In the event that the training is unable to proceed, a full refund will be issued to all registrants. Please also be aware that with the current Covid-19 restrictions there will likely be a limit on the maximum number of registrants. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to register as early as possible.
The Heart of Peacemaking
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected] at least 1 week prior to the event.
Paul has been in pastoral ministry for 22+ years; he was pastor for families at a Baptist Church on the Central Coast NSW, then Pastor for a Baptist Church in country NSW. Paul is now Senior Pastor of Sydenham Baptist Church in Melbourne’s North West. Over the past 30 years, Paul has studied economics, theology/ministry and psychology. Paul became involved with PeaceWise attending Personal Peacemaking and Culture of Peace in 2008. He’s since participated in all of PeaceWise’s training including Advanced Mediation and Reconciling Marital Conflict. Paul completed PeaceWise’s Train the Trainer in 2011 and has since been a trainer with PeaceWise. Paul is married to Liz, they have four adult children and one grandson.
Wayne has a diverse work back ground across Mental Health Nursing and Christian Ministry in which he has worked in a variety of leadership and training roles. He has formal studies in Nursing, Theology, Coaching & Training and is currently undertaking master’s studies in missional leadership. He currently works with Pioneers Australia. Across theses various roles Wayne has seen the devastation that interpersonal conflict can cause and has a heart to equip the people of God to live out the message of reconciliation that has been entrusted to us.