Date(s) - 18th Sep 2017
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
St Michael's Anglican Church
The Heart of Peacemaking – Description
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
Paul has been in pastoral ministry for 18+ years; he was pastor for families at a Baptist church on the Central Coast NSW, then Pastor for a Baptist Church in country NSW. Paul is now Senior Pastor of Sydenham Baptist Church in Melbourne’s North West. Over the past 20 years, Paul has studied economics, theology/ministry and psychology. Paul became involved with Peacewise attending Personal Peacemaking and Culture of Peace in 2008. He’s since participated in all of Peacewise’s training including Advanced Mediation and Reconciling Marital Conflict. Paul completed Peacewise’s Train the Trainer in 2011 and has since been a trainer with Peacewise. Paul is married to Liz, they have four children -- James married to Bree, Jonathan, Micaela and Joel.
Clarissa Wilson is a PeaceWise Trainer and mediator, and is the new Victorian Ministry Coordinator. She is trained as a marriage and loss and grief counsellor and has a degree in Theology. Clarissa has worked as a pastoral worker in a church for the past 10 years and has conducted training in biblical peacemaking for Anglican clergy and churches in Victoria. With God’s help Clarissa seeks to live out these principles in her own life and to serve others through enabling them to honour God through their conflicts.
Bookings are closed for this event.