Date(s) - 15th Sep 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
South Perth Baptist Church
The Heart of Peacemaking
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected]
Deborah originally trained as a Registered Nurse and Midwife, remaining in the Health Sector for some years in both clinical and public education areas. She has a Bachelor of Theology (Morning College) and has worked in church ministry in teaching and leadership roles. Besides her training role in PeaceWise, she is involved in IT support and the PeaceWiseKids project.
Steve has been facilitating conflict resolution for over 20 years, within safety and industrial relations settings initially, and subsequently as a pastor, counsellor and school chaplain. Having experienced marital brokenness, Steve has a passion for marriage counselling as well as intrapersonal conflict involving grief. Steve is Content and Curriculum Manager of PeaceWiseKids and has degrees in science, divinity (2), and counselling. Steve is married to Sarah and they have a shared calling to ministry, and are both committed peacemakers.