Date(s) - 7th Jul 2020
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Centre for Ministry
The Heart of Peacemaking
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Please note: this course requires having done the traditional Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee applies
- From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*.
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to the event.
From being an entrenched conflict-avoider, God reshaped John's heart and attitude to what is true peace back in 2007. Now in addition to extensive ministry experience, he has had the privilege of being trained in Biblical reconciliation here and overseas, and has been given the responsibility to regularly put this into practice, primarily within Presbyterian churches. John’s heart now resonates for peacemaking and bringing reconciliation to strained and shattered relationships.
Kath is a passionate and gifted speaker, educator and pastor, with a rich and varied background in Theology, Leadership and Nursing. Kath, along with her husband Phil, serve on the National Board of Vineyard Australia and founded Northridge Vineyard Church in Thornleigh, Sydney. Kath is a conference and retreat speaker and is passionate about spiritual formation. She has a history in ICU nursing, Midwifery, Education and Research and holds a Masters in Adult Education and a Masters in Theology and Christian Leadership, frequently mentoring other women in Christian Leadership. Kath became a PeaceWise trainer in early 2018 and has a deep desire to share the positive transformation that comes with the principles of a gospel of peace, lived out in relationships and communities.
Phil is a Pastor, Engineer and qualified PeaceWise Trainer, with a strong heart to love and serve others. Phil, along with his wife Kath, serve on the National Board of Vineyard Australia and founded Northridge Vineyard Church in Thornleigh, Sydney. Phil enjoys building and consulting as an Engineer, and has qualifications in theology, teaching which he uses regularly both in his home church and in other settings. Phil and Kath have two adult children - a daughter who is married and a son – and they love spending time with their family. Phil has a deep desire to share the positive transformation that comes with the principles of a gospel of peace, lived out in relationships and communities.