Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
From being an entrenched conflict-avoider, God reshaped John's heart and attitude to what is true peace back in 2007. Now in addition to extensive ministry experience, he has had the privilege of being trained in Biblical reconciliation here and overseas, and has been given the responsibility to regularly put this into practice, primarily within Presbyterian churches. John’s heart now resonates for peacemaking and bringing reconciliation to strained and shattered relationships.
Yvette was an atheist until she had an amazing encounter with God on 16 January 2014. She has since been very passionate about living for God and bringing people to be reconciled with God through Lord Jesus. She had lots of opportunities to be a peacemaker in her legal practice as a barrister. She felt a sense of calling as a sessional lecturer of law at UNSW, because she loves teaching, but it is her prayer being answered to have the opportunity to equip people with biblical peacemaking.
In this training, you will learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Book with safety! 100% refund if training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Please note early bird discounts are automatically applied to tickets purchased at least 2 months prior to the event. Concession and repeat delegate discounts are applied at checkout. Please note reduced rates cannot be combined.
Please note our cancellation policy:
Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
Registrations close – 2 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).