Heart of peacemaking
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Clarissa Wilson is a PeaceWise Trainer and mediator. She is trained as a marriage and loss and grief counsellor and has a degree in Theology. Clarissa has worked as a pastoral worker in a church for 10 years and has conducted training in biblical peacemaking for Anglican clergy and churches in Victoria. Currently she is volunteering in the area of Pastoral care and with God’s help seeks to live out these peacemaking principles in her own life and to enable others to honour God through their conflicts.
Wayne serves with PeaceWise as the National Relationships Manager and sits as a board director for PeaceWise. He has diverse work background across Mental Health Nursing and Christian Ministry in which he has worked in a variety of leadership and training roles. He has formal studies in Nursing, Theology and Leadership Coaching. Alongside his work with PeaceWise Wayne also serves with Pioneers of Australia. Wayne has seen first hand the devastation that interpersonal conflict can cause in relationships, ministries and organisations. He has a heart to equip the people of God to live out the message of reconciliation that has been entrusted to us as testimony of the power of the gospel.
In this training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Book with safety! 100% refund if any training is postponed due to COVID-19 impact
Please note this course requires having completed either the previous Personal Peacemaking or the Everyday Peacemaking course.
Please note early bird discounts are automatically applied to tickets purchased at least 2 months prior to the event. Concession and repeat delegate discounts are applied at checkout. Please note reduced rates cannot be combined.
Please note our cancellation policy:
Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
100% refund if the training has to be postponed due to covid-19
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.
Registrations close – 3 business days prior to the training (minimal pre-work).