Everyday Peacemaking online course
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? Join this online course, which will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Ashley Saunders has seen the destructive side of conflict - as Solicitor and Pastor; and has also seen conflict redeemed to God's glory. Now Australian CEO of Christian aid and advocacy ministry, Barnabas Fund, he has acted as a mediator and trainer for PeaceWise since 2010 and deeply believes in the power of biblical peacemaking. Ashley was admitted as a Solicitor in NSW in 1983 and prior to becoming a pastor, he also served as a lecturer in aspects of Contract and Industrial Law, and as an alderman.
Jane holds a degree in education, a reflection of her lifelong passion for learning and helping others to learn. She has served in the church in many capacities and enthusiastically embraces opportunities to engage people with the transforming truth of Christ. As a trainer, Jane brings personal stories of her own transformation through a lifetime of trying hard, failing and falling into grace. A teacher, coach, conciliator and child of God, she wants everyone to know that God’s love has power to change our hearts.
In this training, you will learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please note early bird discounts are automatically applied to tickets purchased at least 2 months prior to the event. Concession and repeat delegate discounts are applied at checkout. The repeat delegate pricing is only available to those who have completed the Everyday Peacemaking or the previous Personal Peacemaking course. Reduced rates cannot be combined.
Please note our cancellation policy:
Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.