Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Ashley Saunders has seen the destructive side of conflict - as Solicitor and Pastor; and has also seen conflict redeemed to God's glory. Now Australian CEO of Christian aid and advocacy ministry, Barnabas Fund, he has acted as a mediator and trainer for PeaceWise since 2010 and deeply believes in the power of biblical peacemaking. Ashley was admitted as a Solicitor in NSW in 1983 and prior to becoming a pastor, he also served as a lecturer in aspects of Contract and Industrial Law, and as an alderman.
Bronwynne Greenway has been involved with PeaceWise since 2010 and has a passion for helping people reconcile with each other and God. Both in her personal, ministry and business environments she has experienced the pain of conflict handled poorly. Over the years she has trained for PeaceWise across Australia as well as conflict coached and mediated many people in personal conflicts, marriages and families. Working with conflict led her to go back to uni for further training, and she continues to work in ministry teaching the Bible and working with individuals. Bronwynne has been married to Stuart for 32 years and they have a growing family with their three adult children.
This is a closed event for members of this organisation only.
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.