Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Wendy Konemann is a PeaceWise Ambassador and is also a practising Christian counsellor specialising in marriage counselling, conflict coaching and mediations. Wendy undertook the PeaceWise training in 2011 and is now a Certified Christian Conciliator™ with Peacemaker Ministries. Wendy has been involved in mediating church, organisational and marriage conflicts both in Australia and in the United States and has provided biblical peacemaking training to churches and Christian schools around Australia. She has been a speaker and trainer at events in Australia, the United States, Jordan, and The Netherlands.
This is a closed event for members of this organisation only.
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
PeaceWise will continue to comply with all current Commonwealth and State/Territory government health requirements for all in-person training events. All trainers and others who will be present at the training event on behalf of PeaceWise will have returned a negative result to a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) the evening before the training day. If a PeaceWise person returns a positive RAT, PeaceWise will endeavour to have an alternative person/s run the activity, and if this is not possible, the event will be postponed or cancelled, as appropriate.