Heart of peacemaking e-course
An improved ability to be a peacemaker and respond well to the challenge of conflict requires a deeper understanding of ourselves, our relationship with God and the deeper things which drive our responses to challenging situations.
Jane holds a degree in education, a reflection of her lifelong passion for learning and helping others to learn. She has served in the church in many capacities and enthusiastically embraces opportunities to engage people with the transforming truth of Christ. Currently Jane works alongside her husband Steve, serving missionaries with Biblical Ministries Worldwide. Having served in full-time ministry for more than thirty years, and as a mother of six children, she fervently believes in the power of gospel-generated peacemaking to transform the hearts of individuals and graciously spill out to others.
Since 1990, Steve has served in pastoral ministry in Sydney, Cairns and Vanuatu. He has enjoyed training pastors and Christian workers in Outback Australia and in the South Pacific. Since 2015, Steve has served as Asia Pacific Area Director for Biblical Ministries Worldwide. Over and over again he has seen the great need for a biblical approach to conflict resolution, in his own life and in the lives of others. Steve carries his passion for bringing people into greater engagement with the gospel to his role as a PeaceWise trainer.
In this online training you will:
- reflect upon and practise foundational principles and skills learned in Everyday Peacemaking.
- gain a deeper understanding of the role of the human heart in more serious conflicts
- discover a powerful tool to understand the drivers of your and others’ behaviours
- become better equipped to respond well to challenging people and situations
- engage further with principles of confession and forgiveness
- more seriously explore the concept of a culture of peace and how you can support it in your community/spheres of influence
This training is suitable for all Christians wanting to be more deeply equipped to respond in God-pleasing ways to be a peacemaker, reconcile relationships and address conflict in their own lives.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.
Please be aware that the hard copy materials required for this course will be posted to all delegates upon registration. Please be aware that if you register within 7 days of the event we can not guarantee the materials will arrive before the event. Should this be the case we will supply an electronic version of the required materials.
Concession and repeat delegate discounts are applied at checkout. Please note reduced rates cannot be combined.
Please note our cancellation policy:
Up to one month before the course – $25 admin fee
From 1 month to 1 week before the 1st day of training – 50% of the fee will be refunded.
Within one week before the course – no refund will be given*
* For serious illness or emergency, a fee credit will be supplied to be used within 1 year. Registrants are responsible for registering for future training with credit supplied.