disclosure of personal information
We do not engage in the selling, renting or exchanging of our database.
PeaceWise discloses personal information to:
- Staff, volunteers and training consultants or contractors to facilitate the smooth running of training
- Third party providers of reconciliation services (e.g. conflict coaches and mediators) in connection with matters for which PeaceWise has been contacted by parties seeking assistance with conflict
- People providing services to a training event (e.g. trainers are provided with details of previous training conducted and potentially past evaluations of training delegates)
- Organisations, individuals and/or volunteers that assist in PeaceWise fundraising and marketing activities
- Anyone you authorise PeaceWise to disclose information to.
PeaceWise respects and uses its reasonable endeavours to protect the privacy of all users of our web site: peacewise.org.au
We reserve the right to collect personally identifying information from our users from (a) online applications or other web-based or electronic interactions, (b) messages posted to our forum boards, (c) online purchasing, (d) competitions, (e) training events, (f) the provision of conciliation services, (g) the provision of financial support or (g) online surveys.
Generally the information collected includes: name; e-mail address; postal address; and answers to questions (surveys or otherwise). This information is used for internal marketing purposes and helps us determine how to improve our site and products.
The PeaceWise website may contain links to third party websites. PeaceWise is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites.
security of your personal information
PeaceWise will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes physical security, computer and network security and personnel security.
PeaceWise will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed. In instances where information is archived, PeaceWise will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of this information.
access and correction rights
You can request access to your Personal Information held by PeaceWise by contacting our Privacy Officer. PeaceWise may require you to verify your identity in order to access information.
PeaceWise may choose not to provide individuals with access to personal information if:
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- The information relates to anticipated or existing legal proceedings and would not be discoverable in those proceedings; or
- Providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity
If you believe that any personal information that we are storing about you is incorrect, incomplete, or not up to date, you can ask us to correct the information. In most cases, we expect to be able to respond to such a request. If you have a profile with PeaceWise you are always free to edit and update that profile yourself at our website.
If you believe that PeaceWise may have breached your privacy rights, or are simply concerned about any of our information handling practices, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will promptly investigate the matter and where appropriate, take steps to remedy your concerns
how to contact our privacy officer
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 2442
North Parramatta NSW 2151
t: +61 1300 1 PEACE (1300 173 223)