Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Wayne serves with PeaceWise as the National Relationships Manager and sits as a board director for PeaceWise. He has diverse work background across Mental Health Nursing and Christian Ministry in which he has worked in a variety of leadership and training roles. He has formal studies in Nursing, Theology and Leadership Coaching. Alongside his work with PeaceWise Wayne also serves with Pioneers of Australia. Wayne has seen first hand the devastation that interpersonal conflict can cause in relationships, ministries and organisations. He has a heart to equip the people of God to live out the message of reconciliation that has been entrusted to us as testimony of the power of the gospel.
Angela lives in Adelaide with her husband and two boys. She works as a chaplain at a local Christian School and has had a heart for peacemaking for over 20 years. Having previously worked as a lawyer, mediator (NMAS) and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP), Angela has seen first hand the consequences of poorly managed relational conflict, as well as the life-giving power of forgiveness. A long term supporter of PeaceWise, her heart is to see every believer equipped and encouraged to be a peacemaker, bringing the hope of the gospel to all relationships.
This is a closed event for members of this organisation only.
In this training, you will:
- learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.