How do the courses fit together?
This page explains how our courses fit together.
Our course are like stepping stones that you need to step through in sequential order.
So, you start with our first course, 101 Everyday Peacemaking, which teaches the foundational principles of biblical peacemaking and then undertake each course after that in the following order. The reason for this is because each course teaches new content on the presumption that you know the content covered in the previous course.
The first two courses equip you to be a peacemaker in your own life. The next two courses equip you to help one other person to be a peacemaker and the last course equips you to help two or more people to be peacemakers.
Start here! Everyday peacemaking
The foundational course for all our training is our 101 Everyday peacemaking course.
Everyone starts here to learn the foundational principles of biblical peacemaking as these principles form the basis of every other course.
Next step: Heart of peacemaking
The next step is 102 The heart of peacemaking.
This training reinforces the foundational principles but also:
- gives an insight into how our heart impacts conflict and how we can respond more constructively than we often do;
- provides an opportunity to practice how to have difficult conversations with others;
- explores the important issues of grieving and lament; and also
- builds on the concept of building a community of peace.
Next step: Conflict coaching
After completing the personal peacemaking courses (Everyday peacemaking and Heart of peacemaking) you are then ready to undertake the conflict coaching courses 201 Everyday conflict coaching and 202 Deeper into conflict coaching. Both these courses focus on learning how to help one other person in their conflict.
In 201 Everyday conflict coaching, you will:
- discover a simple 4-part process to use in the conversation when coaching;
- explore the character elements and listening skills of a good coach;
- learn how to gently probe the human heart and use Scripture to encourage; and
- be able to practice putting all you have learnt together.
In 202 Deeper into conflict coaching you will:
- have an opportunity to delve deeper and consolidate the skills and principles learned in Everyday conflict coaching;
- spend more time reinforcing how to equip someone to have a difficult conversation with another person with whom they are in conflict;
- practise the learnt 4-part coaching process and coaching skills in both a self reflective case-study as well as in a controlled coaching session.
Next step: go deeper to Mediation
Once you’ve completed both 201 Everyday conflict coaching and 202 Deeper into conflict coaching you can undertake Mediation. In the Mediation course you will:
- learn a Christian framework to use in a mediation;
- be equipped on how to use the peacemaking principles and coaching tools in preparing people for a mediation;
- gain further understanding on how to use Scripture to help people address their conflict
- discover more about how heart issues impact conflicts and how to handle them in a mediation; and
- put the skills learnt into practice.
Level one: Personal peacemaking
Our first level of courses helps us to work on conflict in our OWN lives. We have an ‘everyday’ course and a ‘going deeper’ course.
Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Level two: Conflict coaching
The next level of our training are conflict coaching (helping others through conflict). We have two Conflict Coaching courses: an ‘everyday’ stream and a ‘going deeper’ stream.
Everyday Conflict Coaching
The purpose of conflict coaching training is to equip you to help others resolve conflict and reconcile relationships without your direct involvement in the conflict. This first course is aimed at the kinds of everyday conflicts and conversations we have with friends, family members, colleagues and others.
Deeper into Conflict Coaching
This training builds on the skills you learned in Everyday Conflict Coaching but gives greater opportunity for deeper reflection and practice, including how to deal with heart issues, difficult conversations and some more complex situations. Uniquely, included in this course is the option to actually be coached yourself on a real life conflict situation you are facing.
Level three: Mediation
The purpose of mediation training is to equip you to use a Christian mediation process to help reconcile two or more people who cannot resolve a conflict on their own.