Tired of being buffeted by conflict around you? Wondering what God is doing when peace is absent? This first course will help you focus on what God is doing in your everyday relationships and help you be someone who makes peace rather than fakes it or breaks it!
Wayne Forward is the CEO of PeaceWise. With a background in Mental Health Nursing, pastoral ministry, missions and leadership mentoring and coaching, Wayne has seen the destructive impact that conflict can have on relationships personally and professionally. He has also seen the amazing power and testimony that comes when reconciliation happens through biblical peacemaking. As a national trainer and mediator for PeaceWise, Wayne brings a wealth of experience to helping others respond to conflict differently and experience why Jesus says, “Blessed are the peacemakers.” Wayne is married to Amy. They have three children. When not with PeaceWise, you will likely, find him cycling or training for an upcoming triathlon.
In this training, you will learn a simple framework for understanding and dealing with conflict
- gain powerful peacemaking principles and relational tools
- understand the biblical foundations of peace and reconciliation
- discover gracious ways to deal with difficult people
- have time to reflect upon your personal experience of conflict and peacemaking
- learn how you can begin supporting and building a culture of peace in your community/spheres of influence
- discover opportunities to glorify God, serve others and grow to be like Christ, even in the midst of conflict.
This level of training is suitable for all Christians as we work together to promote peacemaking in our own lives, families, workplaces, churches and communities.
For persons such as those in full time pastoral ministry, teachers or lawyers, if the content of the training is relevant to your professional development or continuing accreditation or education requirements you may claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, subject to the rules of the relevant programme.