Mediation preparation material
Thank you for registering for Mediation training!
As is typical of PeaceWise training events, you will need to plan your time wisely during this training event. We have purposely designed the schedule to be demanding. Please make every effort to arrive on time. Registration is at 8:15am and we will begin promptly at 8:30am and finish at 5pm.
Please bring your copy of The Peacemaker. In addition, you should bring your Bible, notepaper and a pen or pencil.
Appropriate dress at the training event is casual. Please bring a light layer for warmth in case the hosting site has a particularly active cooling system.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included in your training fee. If you require a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free meal, please send an email to [email protected], at least 1 week prior to training.
In order to be properly prepared for the course there are some pre-course things we need you to do. These are very important.
All of the pre-course assignments have been designed to help maximise your learning experience. You may already have completed some aspects of this preparation in doing other PeaceWise training before this event.
- You should already have read The Peacemaker by Ken Sande as part of your preparation for Conflict Coaching.
This resource is helpful for understanding a foundational biblical theology of resolving conflict and is the basis for all PeaceWise training. It is vital that you have read this book before attending, as the basic concepts are assumed knowledge for this training.
- Download and read What is Christian Mediation and our sample Mediation Agreement.
- Please download the following and do what each dot point says you need to with each of these items:
- Personal Self-help study (complete before training)
- Preparation Worksheet (bring to training – don’t complete)
- Role play scenarios (read carefully)
You need to be fully familiar with these role play facts, so that you can easily follow what is happening over the course of the two days.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Venue. We have noted how to get to your course and parking details on our locations page. Your venue is listed in the initial confirmation email you received from us.
We look forward to seeing you at the training!
The PeaceWise Team