Early learning – first year of school
Illustrated e-books with in built questions for student interaction
Frilly and the gang from Spotted Gum school learn peacemaking together.
Course theme: Australian bush characters
Teach children to be peacemakers for life
Course 1 | for ages 4-6
Early learning – first year of school
PeaceWiseKids is a Christian program that equips kids to deal with challenging relationships
and conflict in healthy, constructive & life-changing ways.
Every lesson begins with our engaging fully illustrated and narrated stories delivered via PowerPoint files –
then you take over to engage with the class using the questions in the PowerPoint plus the lesson plans we provide.
In this course we feature the adventures of Frilly the lizard, Tassie the Tasmanian Devil,
and a host of other unique Australian animals from Spotted Gum kindergarten.
who’s this for and what’s it about?
students will learn…
MODULE 1 | 4 LESSONS
This is the WHAT part
Children learn what conflict is, where it came from, and a basic framework they can use in any conflict situation
responding to conflict
MODULE 2 | 5 LESSONS
This is the HOW part
Children learn the principles, skills and tools needed to be peacemakers
peacemakers for life
MODULE 3 | 6 LESSONS
This is the INSPIRATIONAL part
Children learn that as they apply these principles, they can bring peace both into their own relationships and into the communities to which they belong
PeaceWiseKids aims to teach children to be peacemakers in all parts of their life and for all of their life. Whilst the practical focus of the course is on teaching how to have strong relationships with others through practising peacemaking using the principles found in the Bible, the course also aims to reveal to the children both how great God’s love for them is, and how wonderful Jesus is.
Students will recognise their own responses to conflict and understand that biblical peacemaking is based on a four-part process of putting God first (GOD), owning their part in a conflict (ME), talking it over with the other person (YOU) and making it right between them (US).
This course is presented by the teacher/parent to the students.
There is no online option because of the age of the children.
- There are 15 lessons (topics) in this course
- Each lesson includes 20-30 minutes of content – depending on how many activities you choose to do
- Each lesson begin with a 3-5 minute key teaching video, and is accompanied by a comprehensive lesson plan and in class learning activities
- There are no student workbooks for this course – all the teaching is done through the illustrated e-books, hands-on activities and in class interaction
- The course has additional teaching resources available for purchase, including peacemaking posters and peacemaking tool cards
- All courses are purchased as a 12 month subscription. For schools and home schools, this 12 months runs for the school year of the country in question.
If taught as one topic a week, the content could be expected to take two terms to teach.
meet the course characters
Kind-hearted and a natural peacemaker.
Gentle and a bit shy – gets upset easily.
Tough guy, prankster.
Good friend to Frilly.
The teacher at Spotted Gum. Wise and a good listener
where do I teach it?
The class teacher will decide where best to fit the content within their learning plans for each week. For example, some teachers may prefer to teach a whole topic at once, whilst others will prefer to break the content up through the week.
The course has been designed to map to Australian Curriculum descriptors spanning a wide range of subjects including Health and Physical Education, English, The Arts, HASS and Science/Maths.
course details at a glance
15 topics/lessons taught in three modules
number of topics
- 4 topics make up Module 1 – understanding conflict
- 5 topics make up Module 2 – responding to conflict
- 6 topics make up Module 3 – embedding the concepts and skills – learning to peacemakers for life
All topics and modules are designed to be done sequentially, as each builds on the one before.
Approximately 30-50 minutes
An example lesson breakup could be…
- 15-20 minutes of video content (inc discussion questions)
- 5-10 minutes of teacher directed activities
Videos + class interaction
- Stimulus videos including discussion questions
- Teacher directed lessons
how long can I use it?
Purchase of this course provides the user with a 12 month licence to use all course content.
For schools and home schools, the 12 months runs on the school year of the country in question (e.g. Jan to Dec in Australia and New Zealand, Sep to Aug for the US)
take a closer look at Course 1…
Check out this sampler video below – the first topic in the course. You can also have a closer look at a sample lesson plan as well.
the benefits of a whole of school approach
For schools, there is the unique opportunity to have everyone in the school using the same language, concepts and relational principles.
This is because:
- there are courses available from Kindergarten through to the end of school
- all courses are mapped to Australian Curriculum outcomes,
- all courses have the same core underlying framework and topics – but adjusted to different age levels and with different themes and ways of presenting the content.
This means those teaching the principles can share the same core concepts and tools across multiple age groups, and there is consistency of learning at all age levels. There is the development of a “common language” within the School.
For example, a school could run the program in both primary and high school, or across multiple year groups in either, and the students and staff will all be “on the same page” with what is being learned.
Note that within schools, there is also the option for PeaceWise to deliver Everyday Peacemaking for Schools training for all staff, as well as parent seminars.
This opens up the prospect of building a healthy relational “culture” with the whole community and facilitates a “whole of school” approach.
Take the next step by hitting one of the buttons below to get started – and please feel free to reach out to us if you need help.
For larger groups like schools, we highly recommend you contact us before you buy so we answer any questions about the course and help you make sure you pick the right resources for your students.
For schools, we also have package pricing for whole of school purchases.